We had one of the large mines experience issues with spillage (waste) and reliability of a 24″ wide, 19° incline conveyor. Jerrod Rowland, an experienced Account Manager and our point person, designed a robust 30″ wide replacement using ABB components.
The new ABB Components used were:
- Dodge System One Components included: (1) 16″ x 32″ Mine Duty Head Pulley Assy with S-2000 Pillow Blocks
- Gravity Take-up Assy- (2) 14″ Snubber Pulleys with S-2000 Pillow Block Brgs and (1) 14″ Gravity Take-up Pulley with S-2000 Pillow Blocks Brgs
- Tail Pulley Assy: (1) 14″ x 32″ Tail Pulley Assy with Dodge S-2000 Pillow blocks
- Drive Assy: Dodge Motorized Torque (MTA)
B&D’s competitor quoted a typical shaft mount drive assembly. The customer wanted to eliminate any unnecessary components as well as any potential safety guarding. B&D Technologies provided them with a motorized torque design so that v-belt drive, motor mounts and, most importantly, the guarding was eliminated.
Side note on the MTA:
With 60 years of proven dependability and more than 1.8 million units in service throughout the world, Dodge Torque-Arm speed reducers are the standard of the industry and the benchmark to which others are compared. Responding to overwhelming customer demand, we have now introduced a line of HEAVY DUTY right angle beltless torque-arm reducers for customers who need the power and performance of a truly rugged gearbox for more demanding applications.
- Heavy Duty AGMA rated design — Bearings are sized to conform to American Gear Manufacturers Association and American Bearing Manufacturers Association design of an unadjusted minimum of 25,000 hrs. Average life (L-50) in Class I applications. This is usually twice the bearing life of many competitive reducers that are not designed to this standard.
- Ratings from 3hp to 100hp
- Tapered roller bearings on all helical shafts
- Premium HNBR oil seals with output excluder seals
- Standard and short shaft twin-tapered bushings
- Industry leading backstop design, EP lube
- Standard screw conveyor adapter and drive shaft
- Standard TA II torque arm rod kits
- EZ Class I & II selection tables
- Rugged, high efficiency, case carburized helical/bevel gearing
- Reduced assembly time
- Reduced guarding costs
- Reduced maintenance requirements
- Optional bushing end covers
- Reducer mounts in multiple positions
- Three-piece coupled design utilizes standard Baldor Electric NEMA c-face motors in two motor speeds and multiple gear ratios to provide a wide spectrum of output speeds
- Patented twin taper bushing system
- AGMA and ABMA rated
- Advanced sealing system
The start-up was on December 13, 2016. No issues at all on start-up- in a 12hr run time there was zero spillage. And today, is still going strong.
C. Tolbert DOE